Pickled Bean Sprouts and Carrot
This is a perfect accompaniment for dishes such as Fish in Caramel Sauce, Caramel Chicken Wings or Hearty Beef Stew with Vegetables.
- 200 g (4 cups) bean sprouts, seed coats and tails removed.
- 2 spring onions, cut in to lengths.
- 1 smal carrot, cut in to matchsticks to yield 1 cup.
- 185 ml (3/4 cup) white vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- 250 ml (1 cup) water.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the Dressing ingredients to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Pour the cooled dressing over the vegetables, mix well and allow marinate for at least 1 hour. Drain before serving.
Preparation time: 10 mins+1hour to marinate.
Cooking time: 5 mins.
(Source: homestyle vietnamese cooking)