Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Satays
Ingredients for the broth (approximate):
- 500g (1 lb) boneless chicken thinghs, cubed.
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour before using.
- 1 portion Fish Sauce Dip.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 stalks lemongrass, thick bottom part only, outer layers discarded, inner part sliced.
- 3 shallots.
- 1 finger-length chili, deseeded and sliced.
- 3 cloves garlic.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce.
preparation time: 39 mins+ 1 hour to marinate
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Make the marinade first by grinding the lemongrass, shallots, chili, garlic and oil to a smooth paste in a blender. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken cubes and mix until well coated.
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the fish sauce dip by following the recipe on page 6.
- Thread the marinated chicken cubes on to the bamboo skewers and grill, a few at a time, on a pan grill or under a preheated broiler using medium hear for about 4 minutes on each side, until cooked.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot with the fish sauce dip on the side.
(Source: homestyle vietnamese cooking)